Monday, July 12, 2010

And the Countdown Continues

So it is the final week and the nervous stampede of buffalo has taken off in my stomach...one.week.left that is it, just one week and I am going to be in a new country with new people and a new family and just wow. I don't know really what else I can say at this point. I just found out that it is going to be highly unrealistic to ship my clothing over to my host family so my brilliantly planned out idea of just bringing a carry on bag and checking my guitar is a no go it is just not going to happen; so i have to figure out a new plan I will check the largest suitcase I can find and ship my guitar? I have no idea it is slightly bizarre I couldn't really follow the rationale for this rule it had something to do with the fear of spreading disease-completely absurd I do not have diseases that I just rub all over my clothing to somehow spread some outrageous pandemic to the rest of the world that I plan on spreading by mode of my clothing.
I'm probably overreacting but I don't know... I feel as though I am a pretty rational human being and the idea of packing all of my belongings for the next 6 months is just pretty crazy and I don't know if i could go that long without my guitar, I am not really a guitar aficionado but I would like to be someday and I can't really see myself doing that if I don't have the instrument with which to practice my mad skills.
There are so many things I have to remember to do before leaving. My father is a member of the DC rotary club and apparently the Argentine Rotary wants to make a contact with our rotary club so I have been made the ambassador and I am to meet a member of their rotary while I am in Buenos Aires and am to switch flags with them, ha maybe I'll take a picture or something as it is to be my first record-worthy action upon my arrival in Argentina. As much as I feel honored and privileged to be in this particular position it is kind of stressful to think I am going to be making some potentially important contacts the first few days I'm in new country. It is going to be an adventure for sure
I don't know if it my fault that I feel so lost in all of this, I don't know really what to pack or if I'll have not enough. I STILL don't know who my host family is which is incredibly frustrating, even though Ashley said we would know by this week, I guess it doesn't really matter, I will have a family to live with regardless but it would be nice to get to know them at least a little bit. However I guess it just adds to the adventure of it all I suppose.
I also thought I might be able to do some work with some restaurants in the states that are looking for good wine to import, and that would only involve going to some wine tastings and sending them some names and possibly getting paid to do so which would be wonderful because I have very little funds for this trip I feel as though I probably won't have enough to sustain myself the entire time but I am sure it will all work out fine. My biggest suggestion to anyone who plans to go abroad is LEARN HOW TO BUDGET EARLY ON because I seriously don't know how to and that's an issue.

Well ttfn until next time

ADIOS



No comments:

Post a Comment