Monday, July 5, 2010

The Stress Factor Doom

So I have just about two weeks left before leaving for lovely Argentinaland and it seems to be that I am not in the slightest bit prepared, I have not shopped or packed or fully prepared for this incredible adventure. However, as I am practically a professional procrastinator it is only appropriate that I wait until the very last moment to complete all that needs to be done before my departure.

If I were to make a list, which I happen to end up doing quite often the various bullets would include:
-Go to the Dr. get all of my vaccines completed
-Do my laundry so that I may actually figure out what clothing I have before going shopping for what I need
-Proceed to make another list of things I need to get including winter clothing and new jeans that are without massive holes everywhere
-Plan and follow through with seeing every last possible person I know so as not to offend anyone by leaving without saying goodbye
-Plan a small but entertaining birthday gathering of sorts seeing as how I turn the lovely age of 20 the day I arrive in Argentina
-Shop for every last thing I may ever need while traveling in a foreign country
-Begin to pack all of my things and then unpack and repack to ensure I have not forgotten anything
-Make copies of all important documents so that on the off chance that I lose anything I am not stranded in nowhereland with not a single way of returning home
-And finally proceed to depart from my lovely home place of the DC metro area to arrive in a land that is more than foreign to me
-Which is the point at which I will continue to have lots of fun and live a relatively low-stress period of my life in Mendoza, Argentina the land of beautiful culture...and wine (or so I've been told by my wine aficionado of a grandfather)

So that is my list as of now but I'm sure there will be many additions as I continue on with this stressful period of prepredeparture.

I cannot tell if I am awake right now because of the massive amounts of caffeine I stupidly ingested a few hours ago... or because I am so nervous and frantic about all the things I have left to do I can't tell but for whatever reason I am awake now and I am getting slightly frustrated with my lack of drowsiness.

I should probably contact some of the people I might be meeting in Dallas, since I think I may be the only one flying from the NE coast I believe I may be meeting some of my fellow travelers in Dallas to then proceed to fly into Buenos Aires. Maybe I'll save that for tomorrow's To-Do list.

As much as I'd like to think I am an adult, there are times that I wish someone would just hold my hand throughout this entire process because as much as I can pretend I know what I am doing I feel like a lost puppy.

I fear that much of this blog has been me complaining about this process and to that I will just have to poo-poo you because this is my moment of venting and I get to use it and abuse it at my own accord.



and so the days are dwindling... whatever will happen next?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment