Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cordoba AGAIN!!!

So now that I have been worse than awful at catching up this thing I will now try to write shorter posts, more often...though it may be difficult to do seeing as how I no longer have internet... double damn.

A few weekends ago a group of about 12 of us went on our merry ways to Cordoba for the wonderful even that is OKTOBERFEST!!!! We only really planned on going to the festival for one day and then just spending the rest of the days in the city. This plan just seemed to be a lot friendlier on everyone's wallets, seeing as how entrance into the festival was $50 pesos and then each individual beer was $20... which is a tad ridiculous if you ask me. Our day in the festival was incredible, we got on an early bus and took the hour and a half long trip from the center of the city out to Villa Bel Grano, when we got there it was like nothing I had ever seen. There were soooo many people and the little mountain town looked like something out of a fairytale. Everything just seemed so non-Argentine....but in a totally great way.

We drank a fair amount and then it just got to be a little too crazy for me and a little tiring, which I guess is reasonable since we woke up that morning and started off the day with morning mamosas (sp??) which totally perpetuated the American stereotype as our lovely hostel mates noted.

The next day we all just lounged around the city we met some absolutely lovely people at the hostel so we spent some time with them, we even made dinner that night, homemade mexican salsa and guac with grilled chicken and bean and red pepper salad, all of which were absolutely incredible!!! We enjoyed our meal and just spent the remainder of the evening watching movies in the hostel. None of us had the energy to go out and party after the day we had before.

The whole group spent a good four days in Cordoba, and since I didn´t have any classes and had some time to spare, I figured I would stay another day or so in one of my favorite cities of Argentina. My friend Brian who I had met last time I stayed in Cordoba happen to be staying at the same hostel as myself so I figured I would spend the next days with him and some of my other new hostel friends. The next day we meandered to the beautiful park that has a precious little island in the middle of it, it was an absolutely gorgeous day so we spent most of it inside and then went back to the hostel to hang about a little more before I had to head to the bus terminal. My friend Isabelle who I also met last time I was in Cordoba came to visit and we enjoyed a lovely bottle of wine and a dinner made by our new friend Steve.

Isabelle works at the other hostel I stayed at in Cordoba, which I think is awesome. She is from Belgium and has been traveling around for the last 8 months, the hostel lets her stay for free if she works a few hours a week which I think is one of the coolest jobs ever, I think after I graduate I may want to look into doing the same thing, it seems like it would be a great way to meet people, and of course practice my spanish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment