Sunday, October 24, 2010

FAMILY TIME!!!

So I won't go into ridiculous detail about this past week because that would actually take up an entire book's worth of space, however, this past week my family came to visit me i.e. my grandfather, mother and MY SISTER!!! This was a huge surprise, since that very morning I received a facebook message from my sister's facebook of her telling me that we should skype that night when my mother and gpa arrived because she was sad she wouldn't be coming.

The cute freaks that my family are, decided to surprise me which they seem to enjoy doing, so as I walk into the hotel room to drop off my things and see an awkward looking video camera coming from behind the curtain it took me more than a minute to realize who it was. I was so happy to see her I was crying and probably drooling, I looked ridiculous and they got it all on film...so typical of my family.

The week was spent doing great adventurous things such as  a hugeee asado with my entire extended host family and an extended tour of the city of Mendoza and a trip to the touristy sights like the natural Inca Bridge near the Chilean border, and a beautiful view of the mountains and the huge Volcanoe, a cooking class, and some horseback riding in the Andes! All good fun and of course some fine wining and dining which was to be expected of any visit to Mendoza. I'm almost completely positive that I gained an entire other person this week, and the rigorous excersise routine will begin this coming week seeing as how up until now I haven't been able to get my lazy ass out of bed before 1 in the afternoon I will have to make some adjustments to my schedule.

We spent our last night together with the addition of my entire host family and two of my brother's friends for a good ole' family dinner. My brother made a lovely feast for us including ceviche (fish marinated in lemon) to start off, followed by mashed potatoes or puré and wine marinated lomo and tomatoes, and the finale was a dessert wine with pears soaked in Malbec and cream. It was simply divine, and for once I actually tasted some of the cooking I have heard my host family speak so highly of, the rest of the night included singing and playing of guitars by both my host father and myself, I even got my sister to join and harmonize with me on one of my songs. It was an absolutely lovely night, and it was a sad day knowing that my family would be leaving the next morning.

I keep telling myself there is only two months left until I'm home, but it just seems so much longer than that....

No comments:

Post a Comment